Vacancy: Events Team Lead
Posted onAug 23, 2017
We are currently looking for an Events Team Lead to join our TEDxPerth team.
TEDxPerth is a not-for-profit organisation committed to bringing people together to share thought-provoking and inspiring ideas born from the remarkable people of our community here in Western Australia. Our locally organised program of events shines the spotlight on our great city of Perth connecting us with the global stage of communication, innovation and world activities. Our amazing core team consists of passionate and committed volunteers who believe that sharing ideas can really make a difference. Following a successful 5 years of annual main events, TEDxPerth is now preparing our event calendar for expansion!
You are a highly driven team player with the ability to mentor other volunteers in your team. Your innovative creative flair and determined attitude allows you to easily design and deliver successful events. You understand the importance of planning and how to think of creative events that engage a wide audience base. You are comfortable with taking the lead with event scoping, event execution and reporting. You enjoy leading and managing a small, driven team of volunteers, as well as working with other team leaders to drive business objectives. And of course… you feel passionate about TEDxPerth and what we do!
About the role
This is a voluntary position for a dynamic and experienced events professional who can develop and oversee delivery of our salon events and oversee partnership activations and audience activities at the flagship TEDxPerth event. This position has a team of direct reports including events coordinators, administrator and technical lead. Estimated time commitment will be 4-6 hours per week subject to events calendar.
- Develop and deliver TEDxPerth’s salon events with guidance from the leadership team
- Assist in delivering partner activations and audience activities at the TEDxPerth flagship event
- Build and maintain relationships with venues and suppliers
- Provide events advice to TEDxPerth team members as required
- Lead a volunteer team to ensure event commitments are fulfilled, hiring as required
- Ensure events comply and support all TEDxPerth licence obligations
- At least 4-6 hrs free per week
- Demonstrated mentorship/leadership experience; ability to motivate, engage and retain team of volunteers
- Good time management, organisational and planning skills, with a degree of flexibility during working hours
- Possess a high degree of initiative and ability to be self-driven
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Love what you do
- A tertiary qualification in events
- Experience working with community engagement or on community driven events
How to apply?
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experiences to be our EventsTeam Lead, please apply via email.
Send through your resume and cover letter (no more than 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org.